Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet Teacher Blogger Linky


Hey bloggy friends!  I have not been blogging for very long, so I thought that this fun linky with Stephanie over at Falling into First would be the perfect way for everyone to get to know me a little better!

My name is Nadya Bafitis and I am 31 years old.  Sometimes when I think about being in my 30's I cringe, because I am really not sure where the years have gone.  I remember being a kid and riding my bike through my neighborhood until the street lights came on...

Anywhooooooo, in case you're wondering what my name is all about, it's Romanian - though I am not of Romanian decent.  My dad is Puerto Rican, my mom is German-Irish, I was born in Germany (Army brat), and I married a Greek.  WOW - how's that for multicultural ;) I grew up in Maryland, and will be teaching in the county in which I attended school.  Pay it forward, right :) I can't wait to meet my first class of firsties!!!  Two weeks!


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
The beach, pedicures, the NY Yankees, Starbucks White Mocha (hot or cold), shoes, a good book, minty gum, Erin Condren planners, organization, and naps ;)

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I would absolutely be an actress!! I actually pursued it for a while and did some fun things like commercials, theatre, and independent films. I was young and I didn't quite have the guts to move away on my own, so I missed my shot. But I figure I get to work on my craft everyday in school anyway :)

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Professional, Adventurous, Determined

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"I neeeeverrrr think about school during my summer break, said NO TEACHER EVER!!"

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
Derek Jeter, Jay Z, Robert DeNiro, Tiny Fey, and Stephen Colbert

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
Better Late than Never

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Mind reading like Edward Cullen :) - because I'm nosy curious.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
"Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out." --James Bryant Conant

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
The Cup Song - because my daughter would love it and vote for me ;)

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
I am a complete night owl!! I have to force myself to go to bed EVERY single night. It's hard. Mornings are my enemy. I set three separate alarms...and snooze them all. Then I jump out of bed and sprint to the shower when I realize I've slept too long...

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
This will be my first year teaching, and TPT is very new to me. I am currently in love with so many of my fellow blogger's products, and hope to add some of my own very soon!! Stay tuned...

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 
I almost flunked out of high school, but earned straight A's in college, graduating with honors.  Maturity works wonders!


Now go get to know some of those amazing bloggers who inspire me everyday!!



2 comments:

  1. That's so neat you pursued acting! I can see how that would be a very helpful skill in the classroom! I am new to the blogging world and TPT too! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    -Katie
    http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadya,

    I am a new blogger as well! It's great meeting others who are just getting started as well. :) I had to laugh at your comments about being thirty. I just turned 29 last week and I have no idea how I am almost 30! :) I look forward to following you!

    Lauren
    http://laurenpat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete