Monday, July 28, 2014

Show Me Your Teacher Bag!!

I recently found Jen at Teacher by the Beach, and wouldn't you know that I found her through her Linky Party about teacher bags!?!  If you know me, then you know that I have a "bag thing" (...as well as a shoe thing, a Stella & Dot thing, a colored pens thing...oh jeez...), so it's sort of perfect that I have stumbled upon her blog for this linky :) I LOVE IT!!!  **contain yourself Nadya**



During student teaching, I went through a number of bags until I found one that minimized how many bags I actually needed to bring to school each day.  I mean really people, at some point in the beginning of last year I had my purse, my lunch bag, a small tote for my student teaching materials, and a Sterilite container that clipped shut to carry materials that I needed for my lessons.  Thank goodness for Pinterest - saved my life as usual.  I had never heard of the Thirty-One Organizing Utility Tote until I saw this pin by Tiffany at The Nest Effect...


That photograph changed my year!  I immediately got myself one of those amazing totes and stocked it right up with everything but the kitchen sink.  Though I have an obsession with fun things like bags and pens, I have an aversion to all things too busy, so Thirty-One gave me the best of both worlds with a pattern in boring muted tones.  Here's my Organizing Utility Tote.  It's empty now, but you can see how it can be home to a medium sized, open-top filing container.  I got mine at the Container Store.  I also LOVE all the pockets that this bag has.  SPOILER ALERT ----> the newest model of this bag has a zipper on the top!!!



The fun doesn't stop there folks!  Before Christmas last year the hubs realized that I had an issue organizing my materials, so under the tree sat this beautifully bowed box...


Now, I wouldn't say that I am necessarily a label snob, but I do love my Coach.  I haven't really gotten into MK bags, or Vera Bradley...but Coach, well, Coach has my heart! <3

That lovely box held a treasure inside - a treasure that I decided to wait for a special occasion to break out...my first year teaching :) New start, new bag!  So this year I will add a little color to my life and bring this baby to school....


It's so pretty, and though it was empty before I took these photos, I stuffed it so that you can see how roomy it is.  There are also two pockets inside for pens/phone/wallet/etc. and a private pocket with a zipper.  Oh be still my heart <3


Well, those are the bags :) I can't wait to see everyone else's little (errr, or not so little) beauties!!

6 comments:

  1. Coach and 31, you can't go wrong. Love both bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woa!! THAT'S an awesome hubby!!
    I have a 31 bag too.. you're going to love it! Thank you for linking up! (and I share you problems with obsessions - you don't even want to know how many sunnies i have! haha)
    ♥ Jen
    Teacher by the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly enough, when in doubt about gifts, Hubby opts for a bag. I definitely don't mind! I don't need multiple blenders ;) Thanks for stopping by, Jen!

      ~Nadya

      Delete
  3. Love me some 31 bags. What's inside yours? Of course Coach is awesome too!
    Sarah

    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Inside my Thirty-One bag is a medium-sized Open-Top File Box
      from the Container Store. It's the best, because it fits perfectly and allows you to neatly carry around hanging files. I love it! I'll have to take a new picture when I fill it back up this fall.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete